After we migrate our clients from CM07 to CM12R2, we had a Remote Access Problem on some Win7 64bit clients. Some user’s reports us that no Remote Access Window appear to confirm the Remote Access for our Service Desk.
We did some research and we find out, that some registry keys do not have the right permissions.
To solve this problem we implement a GPO.
- Create a GPO and name it as you like.
- Edit the GPO: Computer Configuration > Policies > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Registry
- Right click on Registry and select “Add Key” from the context menu
- In the next dialog you have to add the registry key that has the problem.
- After you hit the OK Button the security window appears. In this dialog hit the Advanced Button,
enable the checkbox for the inheritance, Remove all permission entries and confirm all the dialogs
- After confirmation you have to decide what should happen with the Reg-Permission and click ok.
- Your policies is ready to apply and the Remoting-Problemen is solved.
I hope this blog post will help. Have fun.